Small Business CX Grant
This program specifically targets businesses offering products and services directly to the public in order to enhance their customers’ experience and are able to demonstrate how their project will achieve this.
Customer experience enhancements must address front–of-house improvements for consumers. The grant will be offered through a competitive process, with grants of up to $20,000 available on a 50:50 co‑contribution basis.
Who can apply
- Open to all Territory small businesses defined as an actively trading business with an annual turnover of less than $10 million.
- Applicants can apply for customer enhancement projects that deliver front-of-house improvements.
- Applicants must submit a business case that includes:
- clear evidence of the customer experience challenge and how it might be improved
- how the funding will resolve the challenge identified.
- Applications will be assessed on a competitive basis.
- Maximum funding available is $20,000 per applicant on a 50:50 co-contribution basis.
- Vouchers will be issued to successful applicants that are redeemable by their service providers upon satisfactory completion of works.
What you can use the grant for
The proposed solution must directly improve the front-of-house customer experience of the business through:
- physical renovations to the relevant part of the premises
- repairs and maintenance
- purchase and installation of technology.
Some possible examples of eligible works include the installation of shade sails over the alfresco dining area, addition of misting fans or enhancing shop fronts and entrances.
How to apply
Applications are now open.
You must read, understand and agree to the grant's terms and conditions before you apply.
To apply for the CX Grant, follow these steps:
Step 1. Check your eligibility - read the terms and conditions.
Step 2. Get a quote from a registered supplier.
Step 3. After selecting a preferred quote, apply online on the Smartygrants website to receive a unique voucher.
Applications are assessed on a competitive basis after the program closes to applications on 28 February 2021.
After you apply
Eligible works must only start after an application has been approved and must be completed within three months of the date the voucher was issued.
After completion of work
Once the work is complete, you must pay your installer or provider.
Use the voucher amount as part payment, sign it and give it to the installer or provider.
The Northern Territory Government will pay the voucher amount direct to them.
|Early December 2020||Publication of the terms and conditions|
|15 January 2021||Applications open|
|28 February 2021||Applications close|
|End of March 2021||Assessment of applications|
|From mid-April 2021||Outcomes communicated to applicants and vouchers issued|
For more information, contact the Business Recovery team.