Small Business Survival Payment
The Small Business Survival Payment has been established to provide businesses significantly impacted by the coronavirus with funding to help them survive, adapt and prepare for the economic rebound.
Much like the immediate survival payments offered earlier this year, one-off payments of between $2,000 and $20,000 will be offered to support those businesses that have experienced considerable reductions in turnover and need some support to get through the ongoing COVID 19 impacts and the traditionally low tourist season.
The payment amount depends on the size of the impacted workforce:
- $2,000 for sole traders with normal turnover of greater than $75,000
- $5,000 for businesses with two to five full time equivalent employees (FTEs)
- $10,000 for businesses with six to 19 employees (FTEs)
- $20,000 for businesses with more than 20 employees (FTEs)
The payment will be provided as one lump sum to help eligible businesses offset immediate cost pressures.
Who can apply
- Actively trading business with an annual turnover of at least $75,000 and less than $10 million.
- Small businesses who can demonstrate a minimum of 50% reduction in turnover experienced in October 2020 compared to October 2019.
- Small businesses who can provide valid evidence of workforce size and financial situation.
- A Territory enterprise with a valid ABN that has been operating for at least 12 months prior to the date of announcement of this initiative.
Each organisation can apply only once for the program.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Applications are assessed in the order they are received.
If your application is incomplete, it will take longer.
For more information, contact the Business Recovery team.