Visitation Reliant Small Business Support Program
A $9 million Small Business Support Program for businesses reliant on international and interstate visitation has been announced.
Under the co-funded scheme, eligible employing businesses will receive a $3,000 payment, while non-employing businesses, including sole traders will receive a $1,000 payment. Eligible businesses must have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 and less than $10 million, and will need to prove a significant reduction in turnover (minimum of 30% drop) as a result of travel restrictions during the period July 2021, compared to the same period in 2019.
An eligible business can access the lockdown payment (round 2) plus one of the targeted grant options. Which includes:
- the Tourism Survival Fund or
- the Visitation Reliant Small Business Support Program or
- the Arts and Culture COVID-19 Interruption Support Program .
A business cannot access A, B and C together.
Who can apply
In order to participate in the program a business must meet the definition of an eligible business.
Eligible Sector/s include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Wholesale and retail trade
- Provision of accommodation and/or food services
- Transport, postal, warehousing and/ or storage of stock in trade
- Education and training
- Provision of arts and/ or recreational services
An Eligible Recipient:
- is a Territory Enterprise that operates solely in one or more Eligible Sector/s; and
- held a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) and was registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) as at 1 July 2019; and
- is actively trading with an annual Turnover of more than $75,000 and less than $10 million; and
- has had to temporarily cease or significantly reduce trading (ie. suffers a drop of 30% or more in turnover from 1-31 July 2021 as compared to the same period in 2019) as a direct result of the downturn in visitor numbers to the Northern Territory (whether because of government imposed restrictions or not); and
- does not have an outstanding debt due and payable to Tourism NT or the Northern Territory Government.
Businesses with an annual turnover exceeding $10 million will be assessed on a case by case basis having regard to the other criteria and such other relevant matters as the Department may decide in its absolute discretion.
Who can't apply
Excluded Recipients are businesses that have already received (or are expected to receive on approval of a current application) support through either the Arts and Culture COVID-19 Interruption Support Package or the Tourism Survival Fund.
How to apply
Applications are now open.
You must read, understand and agree to the program's terms and conditions before you apply.
To apply for the Territory Business Lockdown Payment program, follow these steps:
Step 1. Check your eligibility - read the current terms and conditions.
Step 2. Apply online, and upload the required supporting documentation, on the Smartygrants website.
The Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade have mobilised a team to assess applications.
The team is working through applications as fast as possible, ensuring that all applications are assessed with the appropriate due diligence and in the order of date and time received.
After you apply
Once your application has been assessed, you will be notified of the outcome.
|25 August 2021||Applications open|
|30 September 2021||Applications close|
You may find the answers to your questions in the terms and conditions.
If you have reviewed the terms and conditions and still need help, please email your query to email@example.com.
A small business champion may also be able to help with questions or identify other types of support your business can access.
For more information, call 1800 193 111 and request to speak with a small business champion.