Tourism Survival Fund
A $1.3 million Tourism Survival Fund is being rolled out to assist touring companies, professional conference organisers, exhibition build companies and eligible attractions, providing highly targeted support to those operators most impacted by the lack of international visitors and who have not benefitted from tourism vouchers, has been announced.
Under the co-funded Northern Territory Government and Australian Government scheme, eligible businesses will be able to access payments between of between $5,000 and $30,000 depending on their annual turnover which must be less than $10 million. Eligible businesses must be able to demonstrate a significant decrease in turnover (minimum 30%) during the period July 2021, compared to the same period in 2019.
An eligible business can access the lockdown payment (round 2) plus one of the targeted grant options. Which includes:
- the Tourism Survival Fund or
- the Visitation Reliant Small Business Support Program or
- the Arts and Culture COVID-19 Interruption Support Program .
A business cannot access A, B and C together.
Who can apply
In order to participate in the program a business must meet the definition of an eligible business.
Eligible Attraction means a business that is supported by the Australian Government’s Zoos and Aquariums support package, being Alice Springs Reptile Centre, Crocodylus Park and Crocosaurus Cove as at the commencement date of the Fund.
An Eligible Recipient:
- is a Territory Enterprise; and
- held a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) and was registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) as at 1 July 2019; and
- is a Touring Company, a Professional Conference Organiser or an Eligible Attraction; and
- is actively trading with an annual turnover of more than $75,000 and less than $10 million; and
- has had to temporarily cease or significantly reduce trading (ie. suffers a drop of 30% or more in turnover for 1-31 July 2021 as compared to the same period in 2019) as a direct result of the downturn in visitor numbers to the Northern Territory (whether because of government imposed restrictions or not); and
- is listed on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) or has applied for a listing; and
- does not have an outstanding debt due and payable to Tourism NT or the Northern Territory Government.
Businesses with an annual turnover exceeding $10 million will be assessed on a case by case basis having regard to the criteria in (d) and (e) and such other relevant matters as the Department may decide in its absolute discretion.
Who can't apply
Excluded Recipients are businesses that have already received (or are expected to receive on approval of a current application) support through either the Arts and Culture COVID-19 Interruption Support Package or the Visitation Reliant Small Business Support Program.
How to apply
Applications are now open.
You must read, understand and agree to the program's terms and conditions before you apply.
To apply for the Territory Business Lockdown Payment program, follow these steps:
Step 1. Check your eligibility - read the current terms and conditions.
Step 2. Apply online, and upload the required supporting documentation, on the Smartygrants website.
The Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade have mobilised a team to assess applications.
The team is working through applications as fast as possible, ensuring that all applications are assessed with the appropriate due diligence and in the order of date and time received.
After you apply
Once your application has been assessed, you will be notified of the outcome.
|25 August 2021||Applications open|
|30 September 2021||Applications close|
You may find the answers to your questions in the terms and conditions
If you have reviewed the terms and conditions and still need help, please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A small business champion may also be able to help with questions or identify other types of support your business can access.
For more information, call 1800 193 111 and request to speak with a small business champion.