Not-for-Profit Tourism Attraction Survival Payment
The $500,000 Not-for-Profit Tourism Attraction Survival Payment has been established to support not-for-profit tourist attractions such as non-government museums and historical sites. The payment will support those organisations significantly impacted by COVID-19, and are able to demonstrate a reduction in turnover.
Much like the immediate survival payments offered earlier this year, one-off payments of between $2,000 and $20,000 will support those not-for-profits that have experienced considerable reductions in turnover and need support to get through the ongoing COVID 19 impacts and the traditional low tourist season.
The payment amount depends on the size of the impacted workforce:
- $2,000 for sole traders
- $5,000 for businesses with two to five full time equivalent employees (FTEs)
- $10,000 for businesses with six to 19 employees (FTEs)
- $20,000 for businesses with more than 20 employees (FTEs)
The payment will be provided as one lump sum to help eligible applicants offset immediate cost pressures.
Who can apply
The organisation must be an established not-for-profit tourism attraction with a valid ABN, that has been actively operating in the Northern Territory in either owned or leased premises for at least 12 months prior to the date of announcement of this initiative.
The organisation should be able to demonstrate how they are a tourism attraction.
Be able to demonstrate:
- a minimum of 50% reduction in turnover experienced in October 2020 compared to October 2019
- provide valid evidence of workforce size and financial situation
- be a non-government entity
- be a registered incorporated not-for-profit organisation.
Each organisation can apply only once for the program.
Note: excludes festivals and events run by not-for-profit organisations.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Applications are assessed in the order they are received.
If your application is incomplete, it will take longer.
For more information, contact the Business Recovery team.