Business Saver Grant
Following the impact of COVID-19, many local businesses have struggled to get back to a financially stable position with many businesses reporting that their cash-flows were significantly impacted.
With the Business Hardship Register due to finish on 30 June 2021 which provides relief to power, water and other ongoing costs the, Northern Territory Government acknowledges the need to allow business time to think about where they can reduce ongoing costs to keep their businesses going.
Businesses will be able to apply for funding of up to $10,000 on a 50:50 co-contribution basis, to be assessed on a competitive basis.
You must submit an application that either:
- identifies a problem and seeks a solution or
- both identifies a problem and proposes a solution.
Who can apply
- Open to all Territory small businesses defined as an actively trading business with an annual turnover of more than $75,000 and less than $10 million.
- Submissions should demonstrate how this grant funding would help to reduce overall ongoing costs.
- Applications will be assessed on a competitive basis.
- Maximum funding available is $10,000 per applicant with a 50:50 co-contribution.
How to apply
Applications are now open.
You must read, understand and agree to the grant's terms and conditions before you apply.
To apply for the Business Saver Grant, follow these steps:
Step 1. Check your eligibility - read the terms and conditions.
Step 2. Apply online on the Smartygrants website.
Applications are assessed on a competitive basis after the program closes to applications on 28 March 2021.
After you apply
Eligible works must only start after an application has been approved and must be completed within three months of the date the voucher was issued.
After completion of work
Once the work is complete, you must pay your installer or provider.
Use the voucher amount as part payment, sign it and give it to the installer or provider.
The Northern Territory Government will pay the voucher amount direct to them.
The grant programs will be assessed on a competitive basis with further details to be provided early in the New Year.
|15 February 2021||Applications open|
|28 March 2021||Applications close|
|April 2021||Assessment of applications|
|From June 2021||Outcomes communicated to applicants and vouchers issued|
For more information, contact the Business Recovery team.